Insurance (including credit hire and fraud)
We have developed a significant specialism in all areas of insurance litigation, acting for a number of major firms and insurance companies in claimant and defendant roles.
Members of our chambers have led the market working closely with our instructing solicitors and insurers on fraud rings, the tort of deceit, exemplary damages, and low velocity impact.
We have experience in the following areas, with strength in depth throughout the team, in the following areas:
• Staged accidents/RTA fraud.
• High value ‘malingering’ PI cases.
• Permanent Health Insurance, PPI.
• Property insurance (from arson to staged burglaries)
• Non-disclosure/misrepresentation issues.
• Exaggerated policy claims.
• Technical issues concerning the Road Traffic Act and MIB.
You can expect good quality service from all of Chambers with experienced clerks with the ability to understand the issues arrising from insurance fraud, allowing us to provide you with the appropriate counsel for each case.
We have the ability to deal with technical legal points, an ethical approach, the capacity for objective frank advice and, most of all, advocacy that is both skilled and robust in court.
We provide services both to insurers on panel basis and to those for whom we are "off panel" choice.