Called 2020 Email Annette
Before joining the English Bar in 2020, Annette practiced at the South African Bar, after having undertaken pupilage in 2010, specialising in contract and insolvency law.
Annette's practice encompasses a broad range of Chancery and Commercial work, including:
- commercial litigation, including insolvency, company and contractual disputes
- trusts disputes
- contentious probate matters
- property disputes
Most recently, Annette has been involved in:
- a dispute concerning a trustee's duty to account to beneficiaries;
- a will rectification claim;
- a TOLATA dispute between unmarried partners, relating to jointly owned property;
- various Landlord and Tenant disputes; and
- various contractual claims.
Annette is experienced in dealing with issues under consumer protection legislation, landlord and tenant disputes, mortgage possession proceedings, return of goods proceedings, disposal hearings and various interlocutory applications
She has also dealt with various issues relating to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
Annette is also experienced in insolvency disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, as well as wide ranging contractual disputes
Annette has also been involved in opposing an injunction seeking to prevent the appointment of Administrators, which concerned a disputed oral agreement, the terms of which affected the enforceability of the underlying debt
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of South Africa.
Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn