Commercial Dispute Resolution – London (Bar): “Greg is a very bright barrister and an effective trial advocate.” “He is very commercial and always thinking of things from the client’s perspective.” “Greg is an absolute guru in contract law, who thinks very creatively when framing his cases.” Chambers UK, 2023
Commercial Dispute Resolution – London (Bar): “Very thorough, very good with clients and a good team player.” Chambers UK and Chambers Global, 2022
Commercial Dispute Resolution – London (Bar): “He is highly experienced and his strategising is superb.” “A safe pair of hands, who has very good legal knowledge.” Chambers UK and Chambers Global, 2021
Commercial Dispute Resolution – London (Bar): “Greg is a good advocate on his feet, who is very tactical and very strategic. He’s excellent on the really heavy stuff and very good with clients.”Chambers UK and Chambers Global, 2020
Commercial Dispute Resolution – North Eastern (Bar):“He is brilliant and involved in big cases.” Chambers UK, 2020
“Greg is a superb advocate who is great on his feet.” Chambers UK, 2019
“If you want a lawyer who gets down to the minute detail on a contract case, he’s your man.” Chambers UK, 2018
“Very experienced in shareholder and business sale disputes.” Legal 500, 2017
“He is brilliant – he’s very good at getting your case organised, an excellent and astute advocate, and someone who’s very good tactically and strategically.” “He is very smart, ruthless and fearless and as good a barrister as you are ever going to find.” Chambers UK, 2017
“A heavyweight commercial practitioner.” Legal 500, 2016
“He allies incisive advocacy to marshalling the material and evidence with skill.” Legal 500, 2014
“He is a thorough and extremely well-prepared advocate who leaves no stone unturned.” “He is the guy to go to for a complex and technical contract dispute – frighteningly clever.” Chambers UK, 2014
“A sharp, well-prepared advocate.” Legal 500
A selection of reported cases include:
- Fisken v Carl  EWHC 3360 (Comm) (late amendments)
- Walsh v Walsh & Ors  EWHC 2761 (Ch)
- Hague Plant Limited -v- (1) Martin Hartley Hague (2) Jean Angela Hague (3) MHH Contracting Limited  EWHC 2517 (Ch)
- Colm Gerard Corran v (1) Simon Victor Butters (2) Mark Robert Butters (3) Energy ExpressLtd (4) Greendealexpress Ltd (5) Haus Living Ltd (2017)  EWHC 2294 (Ch) unfair prejudice in circumstances where the alleged quasi partner was an undisclosed bankrupt and the question of whether a quasi partner has the same obligations of utmost good faith as a partner.
- Wilton Uk Ltd (Suing On Behalf Of Itself As Shareholder In Banks Mount Oswald Ltd, The Fifth Defendant) v (1) John Michael Shuttleworth (2) Graham Smith (3) Harry James Banks (4) Banks Group Ltd (5) Banks Mount Oswald Ltd (2017)  EWHC 2195 (Ch)determining that the Court had jurisdiction in a derivative claim to retrospectively validateservice.
- Hague Plant v Hague  EWHC 2021 late attempts at amendment in circumstances where the claimant had previously issued a second set of protective proceedings covering the ground of the amendment.
- Hague Plant Ltd v (1) Martin Hartley Hague (2) Jean Angela Hague (3) MHH Contracting Limited  EWHC 2663 (Ch)
- Hague Plant Ltd v Hague & Ors  EWCA Civ 1609 a leading case on amendment and the structure and form of statements of case.
- Bank Leumi (UK) Plc v Akrill  EWCA Civ 907 principles applicable to summary judgment under CPR 24.
- Hague Plant Ltd v (1) Martin Hartley Hague (2) Jean Angela Hague (3) MHH Contracting Limited  EWHC 568 (Ch)
- Hague Plant Ltd v (1) Martin Hartley Hague (2) Jean Angela Hague (3) MHH Contracting Limited  EWHC 3383 (Ch)
- JW Grant and Co v Troy Foods Ltd  EWCA Civ 1702, a leading case on the admissibility of new evidence on an appeal
Greg is a team player, having been a keen oarsman and sculler for decades. He remains competitive albeit he rows and sculls more slowly than he once did, and is Chairman of York City Rowing Club.
To get away from all things work-related, he goes tall-ship sailing.
In such spare time as he has, he enjoys opera, travel and, of course, his family.