Court of Protection : Property & Affairs
The members of the Court of Protection Team undertake all forms of advisory and advocacy work in relation to property & affairs applications in the Court of Protection. The Team includes members at all levels of seniority who deal with Court of Protection work on a national basis.
Members act for deputies, attorneys, family members, the OPG, the Official Solicitor and local authorities.
Work undertaken includes
- Statutory Will applications
- Applications for authority to make gifts or settlements of P’s property including advice on all associated taxation issues
- Applications relating to the appointment, supervision and removal of deputies and the supervision and removal of attorneys
- Applications for permission to sell or dispose of P’s property
- Applications for authority to conduct litigation on behalf of P.
In addition the Team is able to advise and act in relation to wider issues relating to mental capacity. Work undertaken includes
- Disputes relating to the validity of gifts and trusts
- Probate disputes
- Allegations of financial abuse
- Family provision claims made on behalf of vulnerable individuals