Parklane Plowden credited as a Leading set in the 2016 Edition of the Legal 500
Focusing on civil law, the set specialises in employment, personal injury and clinical negligence. Family law is another important area, as is public law, including Court of Protection work, which is a new and growing area for the group.
The administrative arm of chambers 'cannot be faulted'. Michael Stubbs, practice director, and Andy Gary, clerking director, lead the 'efficient and accommodating' clerking team. Office in: Leeds, Newcastle
18 recommendations across all our areas of expertise
North Eastern Circuit - Employment - Employment – Leading juniors
- Andrew Sugarman His cross-examination is killer and his submissions are outstanding.
- Andrew Webster A very well-prepared, thoughtful and considered advocate.
- Kirti Jeram She is always well prepared and very organised, and has excellent attention to detail.
- Roger Quickfall He is experienced in whistleblowing, unfair dismissal, redundancy and Equality Act claims.
- Seamus Sweeney Excellent - the most respected employment barrister in the North East.
North Eastern Circuit - Family and children law - Family and children law – Leading juniors
- Joanne Astbury Experienced in care cases.
- John Jackson Recommended for both private and public law children cases.
- Julia Nelson Recommended for Court of Protection work.
North Eastern Circuit - Personal injury and clinical negligence - Personal injury and clinical negligence – Leading juniors
- Andrew Axon He shows unfailing attention to detail and an ability to really understand a client's position.
- Catherine Souter A very robust litigator, who doesn?t give up easily.
- Christopher Williams A confident advocate, who is able to read the room.
- Elizabeth Hodgson Very bright and capable with excellent advocacy skills.
- Howard Elgot He has a sharp mind - few can match his intellect in the region.
- Hylton Armstrong A conscientious and realistic lawyer.
- James Murphy He is always in control of a case and has excellent decision-making abilities.
- Jonathan Godfrey Well versed in clinical negligence cases.
- Richard Copnall A man you want on your side in difficult cases.
- Tom Nossiter He is knowledgeable with a down-to-earth, friendly attitude.