About Tom Semple
Tom became a tenant at Parklane Plowden in 2017, he focuses on personal injury and clinical negligence.
- Employers’ Liability;
- Public Liability;
- Road Traffic Accidents;
- Fraud and Fundamental Dishonesty;
- Clinical Negligence (including birth injuries, delay in diagnosis, and surgical negligence);
- Industrial Disease;
- Inquests; and
- Insurance Law.
Before coming to Parklane Plowden, Tom completed his Bar school training part-time whilst working as a paralegal at two top-tier, national law firms over the course of two years. In his first year, Tom managed his own caseload of clinical negligence claims, ranging from minor to fatal injuries. In his second year, Tom assisted in complex and high value personal injury claims arising out of employers’ liability, public liability and road traffic accidents.
Tom acts on behalf of Claimants and Defendants. He is experienced in conducting MOJ Stage 3 hearings, Small Claims hearings, applications (Fast Track and Multi-Track), and Costs and Case Management Conferences.
Tom graduated from the University of Manchester with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law and a Master’s Degree in Healthcare Law and Ethics, for which he was awarded Distinction. At Bar school, he was graded ‘Outstanding’ in eight out of twelve modules, including Civil Litigation, Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence, Advocacy, Drafting, and Conference Skills. He was awarded the Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Prize for achieving the highest grade in the module.
- Pg.Dip Bar Practice, BPTC (BPP Law School, 2016)
- LL.M (Distinction) Healthcare Ethics and Law (The University of Manchester, 2013)
- LL.B (Hons) Law (The University of Manchester, 2012)
Awards & Prizes
- Ede & Ravenscroft Legal Prize (Pupillage Scholarship, Inner Temple, 2016)
- Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Prize (BPTC Award, Leeds & District Medico-Legal Society, 2016)
- Semi-finalist, The Times 2TG National Mooting Competition (The Times and 2 Temple Gardens, 2016)
- Finalist, Zenith Chambers Senior Mooting Competition (BPP Law School and Zenith Chambers, 2015)
- Exhibition Award (BPTC Scholarship, Inner Temple, 2015)
- Regional BPTC Leader’s Scholarship (BPTC Scholarship, BPP Law School, 2014)
- RG Lawson Prize (LL.B Award, The University of Manchester, 2012)
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Leeds & District Medico-Legal Society
|Education:||LL.B (Hons) Law (The University of Manchester, 2012), LL.M (Distinction) Healthcare Ethics and Law (The University of Manchester, 2013), Pg.Dip Bar Practice, BPTC (BPP Law School, 2016)|
|Professional Associations:||The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple Leeds & District Medico-Legal Society PIBA|