Called 2017 Email Jade
Jade joined Parklane Plowden in 2019 following successful completion of pupillage under the supervision of Sarah Brewis and Claire Millns.
Jade maintains a broad civil practice, with a particular focus on clinical negligence, inquests, personal injury and employment law.
Jade takes instructions in a vast array of personal injury and clinical negligence matters, including fast track trials, applications, approval hearings, drafting pleadings and providing advice to solicitors. Jade accepts instructions on a CFA where appropriate. She also has experience in CICA matters.
Jade has a growing employment practice and is regularly instructed in preliminary and final hearings for Claimants and Respondents.
For more information on Jade's areas of expertise, please click the drop down menus below.
Jade accepts instructions for inquests in a variety of fields, including healthcare-related deaths, deaths in the workplace, prison deaths and road traffic fatalities.
Previous clients have described Jade as being thoroughly prepared and as having a great manner with the family during a difficult time. She has experience questioning clinicians and independent medical experts in inquests.
Jade is open to accepting instructions for inquests on a CFA where a civil claim is pending.
- 1 day inquest involving a road traffic fatality
- 3 day inquest into the death of baby following a uterine rupture (https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17881377.friarage-hospital-errors-led-death-baby-henry-inquest-rules/)
- 2 day Article 2 inquest involving the death of a voluntary psychiatric in-patient
- 5 day Article 2 jury inquest involving a death in prison custody
Jade accepts instructions on behalf of Claimants and Defendants. She has experience in drafting statements of case, advising on liability and quantum, drafting schedules of loss in fatal cases and representing clients at inquests involving suggestions of clinical negligence.
Jade's practice covers all areas of clinical negligence, including obstetrics, emergency care, mental health, orthopaedics, ophthalmology and intrauterine deaths.
Recent experience includes:
- Representing a family at a 3 day inquest into the death of baby following a uterine rupture (https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17881377.friarage-hospital-errors-led-death-baby-henry-inquest-rules/)
- Drafting Particulars for a claim involving the misplacement of forceps during delivery
- Assisting in a joint settlement meeting where the Claimant suffered a deterioration in his neurological symptoms following a negligent spinal surgery
- Assisting Howard Elgot in a complex brain injury claim arising from negligent treatment at a psychiatric hospital
Jade has a busy personal injury practice and is regularly instructed in a wide range of claims including road traffic accidents, employer’s liability claims, public liability claims and claims involving fraud/fundemental dishonesty.
Jade attends hearings at all stages of litigation, including pre-action applications, allocation hearings, costs and case management hearings, application hearings and trials. She regulary advises in conference, drafts pleadings and advises on liability and quantum.
Jade has growing employment practice and reguarly represents Claimants and Respondent at preliminary and final hearings.
Jade accepts instructions in all areas of employment including discrimination, maternity leave regulations and unfair dismissal. During pupillage, Jade accompanied her pupil supervisor, Claire Millns, to the EAT in an appeal in relation to extending time for an out of time complaint of disability discrimination.
Pamela Walsh Peaker Memorial Scholarship
Capsticks Health Care Law Prize
J.M Ferguson, "Children Under the Knife: Current Interests, Future Interests or Parental Interests?"  Cambridge Law Review 2
University of Leeds, LLB Law
University of Law (Leeds), Bar Professional Training Course
The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
Actions Against Medical Accident (AvMA)
Leeds Junior Lawyers Division