Called 2009 Email Gareth
Gareth practises in the fields of employment law, clinical negligence and personal injury. He acts for Claimants and Respondents/Defendants and provides an excellent level of service both in an advisory capacity and before courts and tribunals. Gareth has also practised in Toronto, Canada as a member of the Law Society of Ontario and is able to assist in matters touching on that jurisdiction.
Direct Access qualified.
Gareth represents Claimants and Respondents, appearing in the ET and EAT.
In his practice he has advised and acted in matters ranging from;
- Unfair dismissal, including several matters regarding automatic unfair dismissal claims under TULCRA;
- Wrongful dismissal;
- Equality Act 2010 claims for direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Breach of contract, unlawful wage deduction and holiday pay claims;
- Post-employment obligations and restraint of trade provisions.
Specific cases in which he has acted include:
- 7 day unfair and wrongful dismissal claims; multiple Claimants; allegations of Union-related reasons for dismissal;
- EAT; Employee classification appeal, post-Van Winkelhof;
- Indirect age and sex discrimination; 4-day hearing; complex arguments on termination of employment post Geys.
- Defence of breach of restraint of trade/post-employment terms in multi-million pound action brought by ex-employer;
- Wrongful dismissal action against the State; obtaining disclosure and costs orders;
- Negotiated settlement following allegations of sexual harassment, resulting in termination of accused perpetrator.
Strong experience with a variety of clinical negligence claims. Acting for both Claimants and Defendants (in particular hospital trusts), Gareth has advised and acted in claims concerning pregnancy complications, misdiagnoses, surgical errors and consent.
Gareth has acted in all areas of personal injury and fatal accidents, including multi-party actions, fraud, products liability and catastrophic injuries.
He has particular experience arguing costs and case management hearings.
Gareth has appeared before coroners on numerous occasions.
PIBA, ELA, ILS