Called 2016 Email Robert
Robert joined Parklane Plowden as a tenant in 2017, and maintains a broad civil practice. Robert studied at Downing College, Cambridge University, where he was awarded a First Class Honours Degree, before going on to achieve a Outstanding Grade on the BPTC at Northumbria University. Robert is a Senior Harris Scholar of Downing College, and receipient of the Middle Temple Queen Mother's Scholarship
Robert has a particular focus in employment, personal injury and credit hire work:
- Robert undertakes a large amount of employment law work. He acts for both Claimants and Respondents, and takes instructions for matters thoughout the Tribunal process, from PHs to Final Hearings, and from the drafting of documents and pleadings, to Judicial Mediation. He writes for Chambers' website on interesting employment law issues;
- Robert takes instructions in a vast array of personal injury matters. He acts for both Claimants and Defendants, in Fast Track matters, Small Claims, Applications, MOJ Stage 3s, and Approvals, in addition to drafting pleadings and providing advice. Robert takes instructions in CFA matters, where appropriate. Robert also has experience in CICA matters
- Robert has also developed a strong credit hire practice, appearing for both Claimants and Defendants at all stages of the litigation process. He regularly appears in both Small Claim and Fast Track Credit Hire matters.
Before joining PLP, Robert undertook legal aid work in Kampala, Uganda, advising and drafting court documents for disadvantaged clients. When not at work, Robert can often be found running, playing football, on the terraces of his beloved St. James’ Park, or satisfying his love of non-league football at Hillheads Park.
Regularly writes on topical civil law matters.
Robert frequently takes instructions from both Claimants and Respondents in a variety of personal injury matters, both attending Court, drafting pleadings and providing Advices on liability and quantum. Robert is experienced in both Small Claim and Fast Track matters, and commonly takes instructions in higher value matters also. This includes, inter alia
Additionally, Robert takes a significant number of instructions in credit hire cases, particularly for Defendants. Recent successes have included dismissal of a claim for credit hire charges after the Claimant’s contract was found to be unenforceable, and another, in which the Claimant’s claim was struck out for failure to comply with the Court’s preliminary order.
Lastly, Robert has experience in conducting CICA matters. More recently, Robert appeared for 2 separate Appellants whom both were successful at appeal in overturning the CICA's decision on eligibility.
Robert has established a strong employment law practice, and takes instructions in an array of employment law matters. Whilst Robert predominantly acts for Respondents, he also takes instructions for Claimants, where appropriate. He has acted in England, Wales and Scotland.
Robert is available for instructions to draft Tribunal documentation and pleadings at all stages of the litigation process, and regulalry attends PHs, PPHs, Final Hearings, and Judicial Mediations.
Recent successes have included:
Please do contact our clerks with any Employment queries.
In addition to the credit hire practice described above, Robert also takes instructions in chancery and commercial matters.
- Robert has taken instructions in a number of Cavity Wall and External Wall Insulation claims, preparing pleadings, advising, and appearing at Court. This has been for both Claimants and Defendants;
- Robert has advised in a number of chancery/property matters, including more recently regarding the prospects of a claim for trespass/nuisance
- Robert takes instructions in mortgage mis-selling cases, and has drafted pleadings on such matters.
- Robert has also appeared for a number of insurance companies, involving contractual disputes with their insureds
2014: Senior Harris Scholarship (awarded to students of Downing College who achieve firsts across multiple years). 2015: Middle Temple Queen Mother Scholarship and Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, University of Northumbria Dean's Award Recipient. 2016: Trinity Chambers Prize for the Best Performance on the BPTC, Opinion Writing Prize.
2014: Senior Harris Scholarship (awarded to students of Downing College who achieve firsts across multiple years).
2015: Middle Temple Queen Mother Scholarship and Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition
2015: University of Northumbria Dean's Award Recipient.
2016: Trinity Chambers Prize for the Best Performance on the BPTC
2016: Northumbria Univeristy BPTC Opinion Writing Prize.
2014: MA (Hons) Law, University of Cambridge, Downign College (First Class).
2016: Bar Professional Training Course, University of Northumbria (Outstanding).
Employment Law Association: Member